IBM Power systems
- Repair of hardware problems across all generations of the AS/400 or RS/6000 systems from the original models to the latest Power 7 and Power 8 based servers.
- Repair of related devices. Disk storage trays, tape drives, consoles, HMCs and related communication peripherals.
- Install and upgrade of OS/400 or AIX operating system including HMC reloads, PTF and firmware updates.
- Source and installation of hardware upgrades including disk, tape, memory and expansion drawers.
- Configuration and installation of IBM software including virtualization, backup, mirroring and remote monitoring applications.
- Decommission and disposal of old IBM systems.
IBM DS SAN Arrays and TS Tape Libraries
- Analysis of error logs and configuration.
- Replacement of faulty disks, tape drives, power supplies and cache batteries.
- Update of controller, tape drive and disk firmware.
- Can configure, repair or service IBM 6400, IBM 6500 line printers or their Printronix equivalents.
- Can repair most types of printers including dot matrix, line and laser printers, including HP, IBM, Konica, Kyocera and Brother.
- Analyse PCs and laptops to check for viruses, malware, performance bottlenecks, necessary firmware and software updates.
- Onsite administration to cover leave or when a dedicated resource is not available or justified.
- Equipment rollout, new PCs, printers, switches, routers and cabling.
- Installs of operating system software and applications on PCs, laptops and tablets.